Monday, October 14, 2013

Singapore

FYI: I am rather embarrassed by the layout of my blog though as it looks rather dis-jointed. I am trying to "fix" it to my liking, but it is taking a while. Frustration gets the better of me when I can't get it to do what I want! Speaking of frustration, I had internet problems at my apartment a while back and the 'internet' guy came to sort it out. Well the language barrier meant he couldn't understand the English on my laptop and he kept shrugging his shoulders and speaking to me in Korean. Fed up, I took the laptop off him and ended up solving the problem myself!



Anyway this post is going to be short and sweet. So I have this thing called "holidays" and this July, my mum and the siblings Tyrone, Alexcia and Brandyn flew over to meet me in Singapore. It was pretty cool to see the family, if even for a short while. We explored the sights of Singapore, enjoyed the tourist things you do and spent some quality time hanging out. I am quite the spontaneous traveler and just take things in my stride when I arrive in the country. Sometimes you find the best things, when you actually get there - well that is my argument for not pre-booking activities. I haven't been brave enough to do that with accommodation yet though, that is not really a lucky dip for me, more a priority to have a clean bed and a bathroom.



Which brings me to airbnb.com, now I used this service in Vancouver and Silicon Valley and stayed with the most loveliest people. I haven't had to use it since, as it is kind of my last option. Since there were a lot of us, we looked into this option for Singapore and again had another wonderful experience in a home away from home.




Singapore is expensive, but really depends on what you are wanting to do and buy there. If you are wanting designer bags, don't think the designer bag "sales" are sales like you know. They are still 4 digit prices, I did a double take thinking it was a typo or they hadn't reduced the prices. Errmm no, that was the "sale" price! Bargain indeed. How naive to think they would possibly be at a price I could afford, hah! Overall I really enjoyed Singapore, as per the family. Sentosa Island is great for the Bora Bora like beaches and Universal Studios. Oh, and my highlight would have to be the Chicago popcorn! drool. I am sure if you tried it, it would be your highlight too! haha.




No comments: