Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kuala Lumpur


Made with love from Jen Boyd! 



As the siblings made their way back home, Mum and I ventured onto KL in Malaysia. Now I know Malaysia is literally on the border of Singapore, but if you look at a 5 hour bus ride in comparison to a half an hour plane ride, comfort and time over rules scenic views and a bumpy ride. Flights were dirt cheap, yet when you add taxes, fuel and other additional prices than everything obviously accumulates very quickly. I take back the dirt, and replace it with reasonable!
When searching through my photos, I realised how sucky (yes I used sucky) I am at organising these traveling photos into some sort of collection like a photo book or flickr. Maybe I should practice what I preach as I tell many people about ways to store or share photos online and I don't even do it myself. Anyway, back to KL - excuse my tendency to vent during blog posts. I am sure you all want to know my deep and meaningful thoughts, haha.

Hotel

Just kidding. Kings Palace


Kings old Palace

KL is very modern in parts of the city and obviously a tourist hot spot. Staying in the heart of the Petrona Towers set the scene for this iconic building, only just being able to secure tickets to visit the towers. Times like this you need to book online (Biting my words) or get down there early to get a ticket as they sell out very quickly. Visits are done in an orderly fashion with groups of people going up at particular times.







The views are superb, as per the actual towers. No jumping, running or anything that will cause the building to "shake or move". It is quite eerie and picture perfect way up high. You do feel it moving like sea motion almost, doesn't it make you want to run that bridge just to satisfy your curiosity! (crazy, I know)

Batu Caves made for great exercise, 272 steps up to the actual caves. The monkeys greeted with such joy, and their seemed to be a Zoo of them as we puffed our way up to the top. Near the end of our stay, the King was opening his palace doors to the public which we were unfortunately going to miss. Yet it didn't stop my eagerness to go and see the palace anyway! I would have liked to visit other parts of Malaysia and be part of the local life, getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city.







 

No comments: