Monday, June 18, 2012

Sights of Seattle

Obviously this international exchange is not complete without a few snapshots of the city they call the evergreen state.  
Just to give you a glimpse of the great and exciting sights I got to experience while I was in Seattle, below are some of the highlights of my time and the "touristy" things I managed to squeeze into my schedule. 
Seattle seems to be world famous for a lot of sights, not forgetting the first ever Starbucks that originated in Seattle (opposite Pike st market). 
My visit to SAM was cut short by a "standard" evacuation (sigh) and the drive by Olympic Sculpture Park was short but simply stunning from what I could see. Seattle has a lot of "out of the ordinary" art pieces within the city. A city made to stand out from the rest and have such uniqueness in it's art and iconic ways of expressing it. 
Pike place market, known for it's famous fish market was swarmed by loads of people awaiting to see the fish throwing and chant by the enthusiastic fishermen! This is a must see, they have published books and is such an eventful and enjoyable atmosphere. Not to mention the scrumptious seafood that just make your mouth water, while walking past. Most of the seafood comes from Alaska and they are indeed for all you seafood lovers! 

This lovely, friendly city is home to where they make many of the boeing aircrafts from around the world, you will see them testing the aircrafts as you drive along the freeway towards the city. 
I have to say this is where I was introduced to my favorite store Trader Joe's and the heart attack meal of Poutine (disgustingly delicious). While the nightlife was interesting, I was told quite sternly that my NZDL was not an acceptable ID  for entering a bar in the United States of America! Nor did it matter, that I was well over the legal age anyway. The various Mexican dishes I tried tickled my tastebuds and was my favorite dining place of all, not to mention the stella margaritas that "happened" to come with them. 

Next stop - Vancouver, Canada! 

Pike Place Market

The world's famous Pike Place Fish Market
The array of vibrant tulips 
The beauty of them bloomed throughout the "entire" market
The Gum wall in Post Alley, behind the Pike Market
The most infected germ wall in the world! 
Seattle Library 
One of the world's most beautiful libraries


Seattle Art Museum - SAM


Olympic Sculpture Park 
Flash mob tree painting

Seattle Icon
Space Needle 

No comments: