Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pre - China! Goodbye Korea

Ok, I have been trying to upload this since I got to China! 

Visitors from NZ! 
There was quite a mix of emotion as I departed Korea last week. At the same time, it was also having to say goodbye to people that had practically became my family during that one special year I will definitely will not forget.

The weeks seemed to have flown by and before you knew it, the time had come to say farewell as this journey in Korea was coming to an end. The weeks have been rather hectic trying to pack, cull and compact my life into boxes and suitcases. Oh I love to travel, but the packing I have never seemed to master. As pathetic as it sounds, I tend to think oh it doesn't seem that heavy, puts another cardigan in the case. 


 



The highlights of being in Korea would probably be walking into such a challenging and undeniably different class setting to see it evolve immensely over they year. It was an experience that I will indeed endeavor to remember as that learning curve of teaching abroad. If you are a strong headed person, it will probably cement your resilience and prepare you for whatever comes your way.



I look at how far the children have come in terms of their thinking, independence, determination, sense of humor and motivation. These qualities reflect such a meaningful and worthwhile process of how much they have grown in a year.
If I was to take away one thing from Korea, it would most likely be the reassurance in knowing that I have contributed in one way or another to empower these youngest citizens of our society to go out and make a difference in the world we live in. To question, agree to disagree and most importantly encounter every opportunity as an experience of possibility.



Thank you Korea! for an inevitable year as the beginning of it all. It is hard to believe how attached you become to this home away from home with people you feel like you have known forever. It was definitely hard to say goodbye, the life of a traveler is meeting some amazing people that will always leave footprints on your soul in this evolving journey. 




No comments: